Fast Search

Custom Search

Monday, August 4, 2008

My Mom and my pursuit of education...

My mom told me before that education could be the best gift that she could give us (her children) and as long as she is living she would try her best to let us finish college. For me, as the eldest of her five children, I considered that as an act of a loving and caring mother.

She tried.

Mom ascended to heaven couple of days after the New Year in 2004. A big loss for the family. She had plans and dreams for us but God had better ones for her; actually the best ones.

After she passed away I still pursued my college education, I was taking B.S. Agriculture Engineering (BSAE) in the Kalinga-Apayao State College (KASC) back then. I promised myself that I will finish that course not just for me and the family but especially for her. I failed.

I was not able to finish my BS course, that's a fact.

I want to finish college and have a degree, that's another fact.

I was studying back then when the opportunity of 'working' reveals itself and was able to convince me follow its path. That was late 2005. On that time, deciding whether to continue my studies or start working was not easy. I can't do both at the same time, as much I want to, for the workplace is in Baguio. Before going to the City of Pines I told my friends and relatives that I'm sure I can manage my time in Baguio and become a working-student; but that never happened.

Now that I'm here in Manila, still I cannot find time to enroll myself to any college to continue education. Until my girlfriend told me an idea about distance education. Distance education?

So we researched the internet about the colleges that offfers distance education. What caught my attention is University of the Philippines Open Univeristy, will this be another opportunity for me to go back to the school that I left? I guess not. Their offered courses were not in my interest. Tsktsk!

Distance education, distance education. How can I avail of you? Having further net search about it we came across CAP College - College on the Web. Nice one. I did a lookup on their program and I was somewhat interested on their A.B. Information Technology (IT) course. I will be taking that and finish it! Angst! Hopefully this month I can enroll and start my distance education.

Maybe the BSAE is not the proper degree for me; however, anything is possible according to God's plans for me. In every opportunity that will open for me to continue the education that my Mom once started I'll make sure that I will give it a shot. I can do it; I believe in me.

Mama is the best mother in the world! She still is. I know that she is always guiding us from up above. Now, I can say that education is not actually the best gift that she could have given us; it's her LOVE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this post!

The MINGOL said...

Thanks for reading coach.

May "Unblock Friendster" tab sa http://julzryu.blogspot.com paki check kung gumagana. hehehe. tnx.

The MINGOL said...

Thanks for reading coach.

May "Unblock Friendster" tab sa http://julzryu.blogspot.com paki check kung gumagana. hehehe. tnx.

 

JULZRYU | BASKETBALL | BOXING