Fast Search

Custom Search

Friday, August 29, 2008

The system seems OK now


The computer is working fine now; in fact, it is what I'm using right now. No more system down. Well, we hoped so.

Yesterday, after shift, I bought a 500-watts power supply from Robinson's Galleria and replaced the old 300-watts power supply of the PC. I was told that what caused the auto-restart problem of the desktop is caused by a faulty power supply; so last night after changing the power supply I immediately tested the performance of the computer. After nearly an hour of browsing the internet, knowing thateverything is OK, I was shocked that the problem happened again. It had restarted again!!! Whatta!!

It was very frustrating. I went to bed not feeling good about the computer. Arrggh!

This morning, me and my girlfriend decided to bring back the computer to the computer shop nearby and let it be checked. The technician had done this, done that, but still cannot fix the issue. So we decided to leave the computer, with some spare parts like extra RAM and video adapter, and asked to be contacted if it is ready for pick-up. This afternoon, I received a text-message from the technician telling me that the computer is OK and it's for pick-up. When I went to the shop I asked if it's really OK they answered affirmative. Good. So what caused the problem? They told me that it's not the power supply, instead it's the RAM; it was a good thing that I had a spare RAM module that they have used. Mehn, I'm glad that it will all be OK now; however, I'm going to test the functionality of the computer again. I'll keep it running for hours. Hehehe.

By the way, I'm selling a new power supply... 500-watts with SATA connection.. P900.00 with 1-year warranty. Interested?

0 comments:

 

JULZRYU | BASKETBALL | BOXING