Fast Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mountaineers

I like hiking and trekking. I like going up the mountains, feel the air up there and shout, "I am the king of the world!"

When I was studying in U.P. I joined the UP Mountaineers; that was last 2001. I experienced jogging around the UP oval for about 4 times, very tiring. Well, I wasn't able to complete all the Basic Mountaineering Courses though, so I can say that I'm not one of them. So sad.

When I decided to continue my college education at the Kalinga-Apayao State College (KASC) in my beloved province I tried to establish a mountaineering organization and called it Tagu Mountaineers (Tagu means life or person), many become interested and actually joined. However, that organization didn't last long for we lack equipments and that I wasn't able to complete its paperworks. Also, I lacked support. So we called it quits for good.

Last 2005, there were KASC students who planned to organized a mountaineering group in the campus. They were determined and ambitious. They had seeked my opinion and help. Because I knew that these students had the potential and determination I decided to give them some information. But I wasn't able to hear from them since I left KASC.

Last year I've heard from some friends in the province that there is a new organization called
Kalinga Mountaineering Society (KMS) being put up and planned by good people. I felt very glad for it. I've been hearing good news and comments for KMS; they had already their climbs and events. In fact we and Nats had a little chat before and he was inviting mo to join, well as much I want to but I'm based here in the metro and my schedule could hardly allow me to join the fun and events. The organization is growing, thumbs up to that!

0 comments:

 

JULZRYU | BASKETBALL | BOXING